Bear Hugs was a pattern I found when I was looking for a simple pattern to make out of my sons woof-woofs (muslin squares). I was initially looking for a doggy pattern but then I fell across this.

The one in the picture was a practice run that I made out of some gorgeous pink patterned flannelette that the pink splodge was always telling me was very pretty. The face is hand embroidered using double thickness sewing thread as I didn't have any embroidery floss to hand.

The website is beautiful and alot of love and good has come from this pattern so if you do make one try making a spare and giving it to someone who will appreciate it :)

I wanted the simple pattern to convert the Blue Splodges Woof-woof into a real teddy but more importantly so he would have a smaller area of muslin that he could suck on as I was starting to get worried about his teeth and dental problems that could arise with him constantly chewing and sucking on nearly half a muslin at a time :( This pattern I thought would be perfect because it's all stuffed except for the ears which are flat so I though that that would be better and it would still allow him to have the feel of the muslin in his hands and to cuddle into.

I'm glad I did the trial run on the pattern as there are a few things I'd like to improve, the size of the ears for one but I'm not sure on what else... I'm sure I'll find other things as I start to play around with it.
Posted by Picasa