103_2793Originally uploaded by BobbinD


The blue splodge and I have been Babywearing since he was about 6 months old. We started with a Ring Sling that we got from a lovely mama on the Goddess Mums Forum, then at about 16 months old I moved on to wrapping and found a new Natural Parenting Forum, Natural Mamas

I love wearing my Kids as it gives me an amazing chance for bonding and also I get to have two hands to do other things with, not least holding the pink splodges hand and of course that of my Darling Luffly Husband ♥

Anyways, always believing that things are best when DIY'd I set about making myself a Mei-tai in fabrics of my choice and taking all the bits I liked best about all the other carriers I'd seen or tried.

The best part was the pattern designing, there are loads of tutes on the net and loads of people have already made they're own and have loads of advice to give. My biggest concern was with the hood, I was looking for something hood shaped and snuggly so I made mine so that it has drawstrings around the curve and some faux fur around the edge so when it's pulled up it forms around the head and is really cozy ♥

I ended up selling all the other carriers I had as now my Dolphin DIY-tai is my goto carrier and I love it so much I made a matching OnBag to go with it.



This is the first one I made just as I had to add an action pic but I don't have any yet of the Dolphin one :)