I recieved this blanket as a gift from an elderly friend of mine when my first daughter was born. I asked for the pattern but I never got it so after we moved I started to look for it on the internet. I found out that it was an old pattern called 'The reversible shell afghan' from Lee Wards who went out of business in the 1990s, :( I also discovered that I wasn't the only person after the pattern.)

My Daughter is 2 years old now and I also have a 6 months old son and I was getting desparate to track down the pattern so I could do a blue one for him. The funny thing was when I gave up looking and started to look for another project for him I stumbled across the pattern on Freepatterns.com. Although the pattern calls for crochet cotton and a tiny hook size but I'm working in DK on a 4mm hook. I think it looks pretty much exactly the same. :)

I can't wait till it's finished and hugging my son at night.

Please leave comment if you find this pattern link helpful.