Chicken Smash (8) crop


Originally uploaded by BobbinD

This is what we had for dinner tonight. It wasn't as pretty looking as it was on the cookery telly programme I got the recipe from Last night but I'll bet it was just as tasty!!!

Jamie Oliver called it Chicken Paramsan but my Darlin Luffly Husband affectionatly named it Chicken SMASH! :) The recipe is on his website and it's in a short video which means you get to see it all happening.

Well Jamie quotes £2.80 per head for this recipe!?! I about dropped off my seat when he said that and then added the "not too bad really!"

Well I used stuff that was in my freezer already, instead of RSPCA Organic Chicken I used ASDA Smartprice

Chicken, instead of Parma Ham we had good old fashioned Bacon and as the only Parmasan Cheese I had came dried in a tub I opted for freshly grated Chedder. I reckon that the whole meal which included mash and sweetcorn came in at about £5 and would have fed four but as my youngest isn't quite into chewing on stuff yet my Daughter, my Darling Luffly Husband and I kinda pigged out on it. Hehe!

After you layer it up, the Chicken, then the Cheese, then the Bacon on top, it'll look like a really cute parcel. But You have to cover it over with the Clingfilm and then SMASH! it with something big and heavy, like say a big heavy assed copperbottomed frying pan for example. Then after a couple of SMASH!s you'll feel much less stressed and the cute little parcel will look more like road kill which means it'll cook in under 6 mins and will get to the table quicker.

My DLH is wanting this for tomorrows dinner again and it's so quick and tasty I think it will take a permanant place on the list of things to cook for DLH when I want something new or expensive. :)